Here's a food quiz round for you!
If you are currently doing trivia quizzes with your friends and family whilst we are staying at home, this food related round is for you!
Whilst we are all staying home we know that many of us are doing pub style quizzes with family and friends. If it's your turn to be quiz master we've put together a round of foodie questions to help you out! (It's ok, we won't let on it wasn't your hard work!)
- The culinary name calamari indicates a dish made from which food? Squid.
- What type of food is paneer? A fresh cheese common in South Asian cuisine.
- Which type of food interests a mycophagist? Mushrooms.
- Name the traditional Louisiana rice dish seasoned and highly flavoured with sausage, ham, seafood, and pork or chicken? Jambalaya.
- What name is given to Irish potato pancakes that contain a mixture of mashed and grated potatoes? Boxty.
- What is the more common name for the flatbread also known as roti? Chapati.
- Which simple kitchen tool, used since ancient times, is used to crush and grind ingredients into a fine powder or paste? Pestle and mortar.
- Agar-agar is a jelly obtained by boiling several kinds of what edible food stuff together? Seaweed.
- What type of food is a Laura, Melody and Kerr's Pink? Potato.
- Fondue is the national dish of which country? Switzerland.