Mix the perfect pancake batter with this basic pancake recipe. Don't forget we have all the ingredients needed in-store!
- Sift the flour and salt into a large mixing bowl with a sieve
- Make a well in the centre of the flour and break the eggs into it and whisk the eggs, incorporating any bits of flour from around the edge of the bowl.
- Gradually add small quantities of the milk and water mixture and continue to whisk, making sure all flour from around the edge of the bowl has been incorporated.
- Melt the butter in a pan. Spoon 2 tbsp of it into the batter and whisk it in
- Pour the rest of the melted butter into a bowl and use it to lubricate the pan, using kitchen paper to smear it round before you make each pancake.
- Get a 7-8 inch pan really hot, then turn the heat down to medium and, using a ladle pour between 2-3 tablespoons of batter into the pan and swirl it around the pan so the base is evenly covered.
- It will cook in minutes so use a palette knife to see if it is turning golden underneath. When it’s golden, use the palette knife to flip the pancake, when both sides are golden slide onto a plate and top with your favourite topping!
We've been searching for our favourite pancake toppings ready for Shrove Tuesday, check out our favourite top ten toppings.