This delicious crispy fried chicken burger is lightly spiced, topped with melted cheddar cheese and served with sriracha mayo with a kick!
Lay the chicken breast flat, putting your hand flat on top and cutting through the breast in half through the middle by butterflying and cutting though each breast.
- Squeeze over lemon juice and put in the fridge for 30 mins.
- Add the flour, the herbs and spices, salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well.
- Whisk in 50ml of water to the 2 egg whites.
- Slowly heat the vegetable oil in a pan to 180C.
- Put the chicken into the egg mix then into the flour mix, coat well, repeat 3 times.
- Gently lower the chicken into the oil and fry for 10-12 mins until golden brown and crisp.
- Put into a wire rack with a baking tray under, top with you cheddar cheese and pop in the oven for 2-3 mins to melt the cheese.
- Meanwhile make the mayonnaise mix 20g of mayonnaise with 5g Sriracha, set aside.
- Slice the burger buns and pop them in the oven for a few mins. Prepare the salad you wish to fill your bun with, we suggest lettuce, cucumber and tomato.
- Assemble your burger and enjoy!