Try this egg-tastic tray bake this Easter
Preheat the oven to 180C, fan 160, gas mark 4. Grease and line a 23cm x 30cm x 3.5cm tin with parchment paper.
- Put the chopped beetroot into a blender and blitz until a smooth puree then set aside.
- Put the butter and chocolate into a bowl set over a pan of simmering water and heat until melted. Stir well then set aside to cool slightly.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar then whisk with an electric whisk until really thick and light – they should double in volume at least.
- Whisk the melted chocolate and beetroot puree into the eggs then stir in the flour and mix gently until combined.
- Fold in the roughly chopped milk chocolate then pour into the lined tin and bake for 20 minutes until just set – the brownie should still have a slight wobble to it.
- Remove and allow to cool totally before turning out onto a serving plate.
- Tip the cream cheese into a bowl, add the icing sugar and vanilla extract and beat gently until smooth and creamy.
- Spread over the top of the brownie then decorate with mini eggs before cutting into rectangles.