Turn up the heat with this tasty Thai classic! Fast, fresh and fabulously light!
- Prepare the noodles according to the instructions on the pack.
- Combine the dressing ingredients in a small bowl.
- Bring a pan of water to the boil and blanch the asparagus and carrots for a couple of minutes, until they are just tender. Drain and set aside for later.
- Heat a griddle pan or frying pan. Brush the steaks with the oil and when the pan is really hot, sear them for 2 minutes on each side or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate and leave to rest.
- Combine the noodles with the rest of the ingredients, saving some of the herbs and cashew nuts to sprinkle on top for decoration.
- Slice the steak with a sharp knife into fairly thin slices across the grain. Add this to the noodle mixture. Pour over the dressing and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle with herbs and extra cashew nuts and serve.
Supplied to us by Kate Percy's Real Fast Food, creator of 'Go Balls', Kate believes that food has to deliver three things: great taste, a big smile from family and friends and the right type of get-up-and-go energy.
Turn up the heat with this tasty Thai classic! Fast, fresh and fabulously light, this salad packs a punch when it comes to summer training nutrition. Slow-release carbs, good quality protein, healthy fats, and an excellent variety of vitamins and minerals will help boost immunity, sustain energy levels and keep your muscles on top form. We particularly like to eat this salad for lunch after a long hot run or ride. It’s loaded with potassium, iron and sodium to efficiently replace electrolytes lost through sweat, as well as anti-inflammatories to reduce muscle soreness. To profit from the post workout ‘magic window’, when your muscles are most receptive to nutrients, prepare in advance and chill; then it’s ready to eat as soon as you return! If steak’s not your thing, try wok-fried squid, prawns or chicken as an alternative.